I think oatmeal is making me cry more often. I’ve been eating giant bowls of gluten free quick oats because I’m resisting adulting and going to the grocery store. I’ve also broken down crying twice over the past two days.
I’m not a crier, and it’s been over really stupid stuff. Yesterday, I had issues with getting the address right for online billing. Total meltdown. And then today, my phone will not turn on. That led to a car sob sesh.
Oats are the only thing I’ve changed recently, and I know when someone has leaky gut, foods like oats can leak through the stomach lining and cause inflammation and a hormone imbalance throughout the body.
So now I have no phone and no oatmeal.
But I do have this fudge. And it’s on point.
Cook: 10 minutes + 2 hours Serves: 6
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup pumpkin spice nutbutter or any nutbutter*
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey
1. Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender.
2. Blend until everything is evenly incorporated.
3. Fill 6 silicone muffin liners with batter. I filled 5 and then filled my mouth.
4. Wrap them in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until solid.
5. Let them sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften before serving.
*if using plain nutbutter, feel free to add a tbsp. of pumpkin pie spice to give it that extra fall flavoring