Some weeks are just more hectic than others. And while meal prep is still important, it can’t take as much time as I usually spend. So I have a 2 hour emergency plan that gets me all of the food I need without all of the cooking time.
What I Make:
8 pounds roasted sweet potatoes
2 spaghetti squash pizza bakes (6 servings each)
What I Buy:
8 pounds sweet potatoes, gluten free quick oats, coconut oil, canned coconut milk, 2 spaghetti squashes, 2 cans tomato sauce, 1 onion, 1 pounds ground turkey, eggs and a gallon of almond milk. *This all lasts me ~5 days.
- Preheat oven. Microwave spaghetti squash until spaghetti-like. Cook turkey in tomato sauce.
- While turkey is cooking, stab the sweet potatoes with a knife and wrap them individually in foil.
- Construct the pizza bakes and put both in the oven on the top rack. On the bottom rack, place the pan of foil-wrapped sweet potatoes.
- Bake the pizza bakes at 350 for 40 minutes, then remove them and bump the heat up to 425. Cook the sweet potatoes for another 30 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, let them cool for about 10 minutes, then peel them and put them in a food processor. I puree them all up since it’s easier to portion out. I use them in my post-workout shake for a quick carb source as well, since it’s easiest to just prep one big carb source, and it’s only a week.
- When the pizza bakes are cooled, slice them up into six squares each. Store it all in the fridge for up to 5 days. And you’re good to go for the week!