The Open starts this Thursday. I’m excited, but nervous because my hands have been ripping like shit the past two weeks. I’ve also been mentally psyching myself out of double unders. I finally found a rhythm that I can get in and knock out 30-50 without getting too winded. But then I start to overthink that it should be harder. And then I fuck them all up. I just need to get out of my head.
I’ve got my kipping pull-ups though! My friend and I practice every single day after the WOD, and it’s made the world of difference. I’ve learned that I need the accountability of someone else. As much as I love learning new skills, I just don’t push myself on my own. The accountability is one of the things I love most about Crossfit.
This recipe is actually a combo of a few recipes, but it tastes too good all together not to share.
Overnight Pumpkin Bowl
Time: 8 hours + 5 minutes Serves: 1
- 6 oz Redwood Farms goat milk plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup gluten free quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- Combine the oats, pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla and pumpkin spice in a small jar.
- Shake the jar so all the ingredients are well-incorporated, then leave in the fridge for 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pour into half a bowl, add yogurt to the other half, and drizzle almond butter over everything.