Some days I just can’t. Today is one of those days. Friday night I completed 17.2, then consumed only margaritas for the next 4 hours. First mistake. Saturday night I rock climbed and bouldered for 6 hours until midnight, then got home at 2. Second mistake. So today, I’m doing laundry, watching the Office from the very beginning, and becoming one with my couch.
I saw a quote the other day that said “work hard, play hard, rest hard”. Everyone loves working hard and playing hard, but resting hard is so often overlooked. Rest is related to lazy, but it doesn’t have to be like that. Resting is recharging so the more I rest, the more I can go hard the next day.
So really, watching The Office is pertinent to my health. Also, this recipe is pertinent to my health. This recipe has the most amazing almond milk I have ever tasted. It’s seriously the best-tasting brand out there. It’s expensive, but if you can find it on sale, I highly recommend getting it.
Vanilla Maple Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup gluten free quick oats
- 2/3 cup Redwood Farms goat milk yogurt, divided in half
- 1/2 cup Maple Pecan Malk
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a glass jar, mix the oats, 1/3 of yogurt, pecan milk, collagen, vanilla and salt. Mix everything together until it is blended well, cover and put in the fridge for 8 hours up to overnight.
- Pour oats into a bowl, and swirl in the other 1/3 cup of yogurt. Feel free to drizzle maple syrup, almond butter, or some granola for texture. Eat your heart out!