I wish I had this French toast right now. Holy shitballs, I really do. I just completed 17.3 for the Crossfit Open, and I feel dead inside. After being at the gym for 2 1/2 hours, I’ve spent the afternoon sleeping with my dog and watching Shameless.
Why is this show so good? Maybe it’s all of the sex and drugs. Maybe.
17.3 taught me one thing. Going out to bars and breweries and emptying tequila bottles over the weekend goes not lead to an enjoyable Open workout. I feel like I’ll never consume enough water.
Yogurt & Cinnamon French Toast
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2
- 2 slices Canyon gluten free cinnamon raisin bread
- 6oz Redwood Farms plain goats milk yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Scramble egg, almond milk and cinnamon together. Soak both pieces of bread in the egg mix so that both sides are saturated
- Cook the slices in the cast iron skillet for 5 minutes each side, until it’s cooked through and slightly crispy
- Spread 1/2 the yogurt on each slice of bread, then drizzle almond butter over the top