New Girl is curing me from my allergy issues. Laughter is the best medicine, even if it pushes me into a coughing fit. I have one season left, and I’m rationing out the episodes.
I really hope I start feeling better by the time I go to the gym tomorrow. I don’t want to slow down my training, but I’m not going to go in there hacking and getting everyone sick. New Girl, heal me now.
This taco soup is also healing my soul. I want to constantly consume it all day, every day. It’s so easy, and basically calls for 6 ingredients in the fridge. I’m all about being easy.
Easy Taco Soup
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4
- 16 oz chicken broth (read ingredients for sugars or fillers)
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 yellow/ brown plantains, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- cilantro, for garnish
- Heat up the broth until boiling, then reduce to simmer.
- While broth is heating up, divide the beef and plantains into 4 bowls. Heat up in the microwave at 1 minute increments until heated through.
- Add one tomato to each bowl. Distribute the broth evenly between the two bowls, drizzling over the ingredients.
- Top with diced avocado and cilantro.